Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So I didn't pass National Boards....Lessons to continue

Well, 18 points to the finish line.....

I'm o.k. I'm going to resubmit my National Boards.  Its a deep lesson to learn.  In a way I'm glad I didn't pass as it will help me learn how to learn.

Teachers are asked all the time to change their teaching so its BETTER.  The self esteem pride issue needs to be addressed.  I agreed with National Board scoring, they gave me good feed back so I can go back into my classroom and deliver better literacy instruction.

As I move forward I also want to incorporate Common Core, the question is again though how to do all the goals teachers put on themselves or are given without being overwhelmed.  Taking it in stride but having that sense of urgency as well.

Learning and Teaching are a definite process that is personal and yet teachers personal process is under a public microscope.

Just today's 5 a.m. reflections as I realize a lot more work is coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment