Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

OK! National Board MAY DAY Time...Re-take Candidate is actually not that bad.

So here we I go... I missed by 18 points after submitting the entire Portfolio. So now I'm a Retake candidate, I decided to take 1 entry over and redo one of the assessments.

Retake candidate is actually way less intimidating than doing the whole thing in one year.

Even though I wish I would of have passed with flying colors. I'm truly glad that I had this "opportunity" to grow as an educator.  I chose literacy to retake and it has made a huge difference in my teaching to hyper focus on this entry.  On a political front, what you understand about students and literacy and how you choose to deliver that is the biggest contribution you can make to your country!

But all that stuff aside right now, back to the business!

The most important things I will take away from this whole process is the need to constantly revisit student's needs and taking that time to reflect with peers (teachers who are actually accomplished teachers) to really hear what they think of my practice as well.

I wish us all luck in MAY..... I wanted to post a couple other helpful things from Stanford.

Please search my blog for other links that I was able to get from Stanford but below are last minute things to remember when writing your entry whether your a retake, Take one, or the whole shubang (is that how you spell shubang????)

See these links:
Helpful Notes from Standford

Overall scoring


No comments:

Post a Comment