Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Opting Out of SBAC letter to school

Dear  Admin./7th Grade Team:
I would like to opt my daughter/son, xxx, out of all standardized testing this year. This includes the entire Interim Assessment Blocks (IABs) as well as the end of the year Smarter Balance tests (SBAC). I understand the first computerized IAB might have already been given. If so, I’d like to request that the scores for the tests she has already taken not be reported to the District.
I am fine with any formative assessments which inform your instruction, as well as any diagnostic or summative assessments that are directly tied to the curriculum you are teaching.
If there is a form I should fill out or sign please let me know. Otherwise I will assume this email is sufficient to opt xxx out of all District and State mandated standardized testing.
I hope that my request does not cause you any extra work; If there is not a plan in place for students who are opted out of testing, I hope my child can read, write or do another independent activity during that time.
Please let me know if you have any questions. And thank you for your attention, as always!
Respectfully,
Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment