Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Back to Blogging- After 5 years in Administration, Surviving a Pandemic (its not over by the way) and Falling out of love.

This year my daughter's turned 5 and 18! (Thank you).  I know you were reading... and thinking congratulations!

I have been in the throws of raising them and still maintaining an eye, voice and passion in the Education field. I have been blessed to be an Administrator for about 4 years (in a couple districts now... feel free to check out the Linked in QR code on that......).



 Now I just transitioned to a County Office of Ed. role while going to Law school (1L at the moment).

Either I'm bored, noncommittal or just plain crazy. Maybe all or maybe none... Spoken like a true noncommittal.

Here's what I know- as of today this blog has had over 60,000 hits. And even though I took a break from blogging- actually blogging took a break from me. I'm excited that 2022,  I'm officially back to it.

Why, you ask? Well I realize that my leadership started with me feeling silenced in education and I wanted to try to and have some kind of platform for Social Justice so I started this blog.  Great leadership calling me before I even knew it.  I will say that the line of navigating politics in Educational Leadership as well as being a human being is not easy (and sharing my stories of  and about Administration was very challenging). Public learning is shamed in certain circles.

Now, past all the energy of the last years I am so excited for this moment in time where I find some of my early heroes being cited in new works such as these books named: Street Data, Ratchademic, and Leading While Female, Cultivating Genius and Joy. The idea of vulnerability is "a thing" now backed by Brene Brown research. (little did she know I was having an exercise in vulnerability many years ago by starting this website).

However the trials and tribulations of education, love and life and the pains of a pandemic are calling me back to writing and publishing with an eye on the law and its implications for me in Educational leadership. In fact, I'm so excited that I just ordered a new book today (yes, I'm sorry I don't shop at bookstores anymore, even though I wish I did) called The Color of Law.

I hope and plan to create more resources for parents and educators now that I find myself in a research mode of employment (I feel completely blessed). I am committing to not shy away from the hard conversations we all find ourselves in daily: Teachers, Policymakers, Educational Leaders, Law professionals (well actually not sure I'm on their team yet... I'll let you know).

When I started this blog my oldest daughter was the age you see on the cover of the website and now look at her! 

She was accepted to an awesome UC school and I thank all the teachers she had at all the schools and districts she was in... wish I could say she was in one district like "a proper parent" but we moved around a lot (I blame teacher salaries on that one)....

Well, I thank you for taking your valuable time to read this blog and I hope you come back throughout the year of 2022 for more posts. I plan to share my latest academic research often, tech tips, law tips  (*Not  legal advice ), "teacher moves" and ways to manage the chaos of pedagogy.

Feel free to keep in touch:  @SunnyShiner3






No comments:

Post a Comment