Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Starting Political Action as S.F. Teacher!

"A union movement in America will always be a scandal," labor lawyer Thomas Geoghegan has said, for "the subversive thing about labor is not the strike, but the idea of solidarity."

I have temporarily decided that my political action is so important tha my students will have to wait until election time is over before I teach them.  I am very fortunate to be a part of this quarter's UESF team in collaboration with CTA!  The idea of Prop. 32 passing has stirred enough emotion for my union to seek out teachers from the classroom and put them to work as political diplomats to the community of teachers and families in S.F. and the Bay.

Door to door action is going to happen!  The sooner the better in my opinion.

I was thinking today as I was emailing a beloved colleague who said she appreciated my "realness", that.... when I emailed her....

 "I'm a coming to this realization that people just don't say it the way it is right now maybe because of fear of their own tentative situation and needing distance from the constant threat of personal turmoil, I don't know just an idea."


Either way...lf I came knocking on your door or to your staff lunch room asking you to support education and unions what would you "really say"....


I'll guess I'll found out soon enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment