Thanks for viewing...

Thank you for coming to visit my new blog. I hope you find it useful in taking Direct Action in your life and our world. Also let's become a community: https://www.edmodo.com/sunnydawnshiner

Monday, June 20, 2011

Create a Catalyst of Hope in 2012: My Art Station that needs funding.

My Students: In this day and age we are so focused on budget cuts in education that we are forgetting the beauty students bring with them everyday. I believe my art station will create a climate of peacefulness for my students. A station where they can express their emotions. My school is located in a high poverty area of San Francisco with limited community resources for children. They are, at times, not able to be involved with outside art education due to their location or resources. In the past due to donors through donorschoose.org I have been able to bring environmental practices to our school. It is my hope knowing that art education has been cut to continue to have my students engaged in a high level of art in the classroom. My Project: I am requesting a 4 child art easel station with a few paints and paintbrushes. The easel will become a station in my classroom where students can express themselves daily. Due to art funding cuts in education this year I am worried my students will not have access to art on a weekly basis as in the past. It is my hope that students will have art built into the daily routine due to this grant. Furthermore, 38 billion dollars has been cut from CA. education over the past 3 years. It is my hope that with donors like you we can make a statement that no matter how much the chips are down, we know "What side of history we landed on." Lastly, all I can say is that these projects from donorschoose.org have made a huge, tremendous, gigantic difference in how and what I am able to teach. Donors such as you are the reason why I have had such success in my classroom for the past 3 years. I feel lucky that this resource is used by SFUSD teachers such as myself and I hope you are inspired to create a catalyst of hope in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment